School of Science and Technology
Computing Programmes 電腦學系
Bachelor of Computing with Honours in Internet Technology
The 4-year programme consists of a balanced set of subject-area courses, language courses, and general education courses.
| ||Core Computing Courses||80 Credits|
| ||General Education Courses||20 Credits|
| ||Outside-discipline Elective Courses||10 Credits|
| ||Elective Courses in Internet Technologies & Computing||40 Credits|
| ||English Enhancement Courses||10 Credits|
| ||Total||160 Credits|
Core Courses: Provide training in some of the major pillars in modern computing: processing of information, networking of information, and management of information.
The core courses include programming, software development, software engineering, computing infrastructure, and databases.
- Elective and Project Courses: Expose students to specialized topics related to Internet Technology.
The final year project courses provide an opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge and high-level thinking process in a research and development project or an advanced software development project.
- Other Activities: In addition to the development of technical knowledge and skills, students are expected to develop their soft skills such as teamwork and communication.
Students are encouraged to participate in various contests, seminars, and workshops for sharpening their competitiveness.
| ||IT S102F||Introduction to Information and Communication Technology I||5|
| ||IT S103F||Introduction to Information and Communication Technology II||5|
| ||COMP S208F||Introduction to Computer Programming||5|
| ||COMP S209F||Data Structures, Algorithms, and Problem Solving||5|
| ||COMP S202F||Java Programming Fundamentals||5|
| ||COMP S203F||Intermediate Java Programming and User Interface Design||5|
| ||COMP S263F||Discrete Structures||10|
| ||COMP S266F||Computer Architecture||5|
| ||COMP S267F||Operating Systems||5|
| ||COMP S311F||Java Application Development and Programming Languages||10|
| ||COMP S356F||Software Engineering and Project Management||10|
| ||COMP S358F||Relational Databases||10|
Project Courses and Elective Courses in Internet Technology and Computing
| ||COMP S451F||Computing Project||20|
| ||COMP S456F||Software System Development Project||10|
| ||Course List||Elective Courses in Internet Technologies & Computing||20 - 30|
General Education, Language and Other Courses
The programme requirements & the courses on offer are subject to amendment
| ||Course List||10 Credits General Education Courses||10|
| ||Course List||10 Credits English Language Enhancement Courses||10|
| ||Course List||10 Credits Outside Discipline Elective Course||10|
Senior Year Entry
Students admitted through a senior year entry point (Year 2 or Year 3) will be required to complete around 85 to 125 credits. Please refer to the Study Plan
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the BCOMPHITJ programme, students should be able to:
Perform the work of a computing professional competently.
- Utilize computer programming for problem-solving.
- Analyse critically the computing needs in various contexts in the society.
- Formulate and integrate computing solutions with techniques in relational databases, object-oriented programming, computing - theories, and computer system design.
- Apply, independently and collaboratively, software engineering methods for developing software systems to meet practical budgetary and operational constraints.
- Demonstrate proficiency in language communication and information literacy.
- Deal with current issues in computing by keeping abreast of professional knowledge and techniques in the global context.
- Command knowledge and skills of advanced areas in Internet Technology and demonstrate awareness of the important issues as a professional in the field.
- Apply specialized knowledge and skills in Internet technologies for developing computing solutions for complex problems.