School of Science and Technology
Computing Programmes 電腦學系
Articulating to a Fulltime Computing Degree Programme
For Higher Diploma and Associate Degree Holders
Holders of a recognized Associate Degree
or Higher Diploma
may apply for senior year entries into one of the two fulltime programmes offered by us:
Bachelor of Computing with Honours in Internet Technology
A study programme preparing students for the exciting fields of software development and innovative solution sector.
- Providing senior year entry point of the 4-year JUPAS programme Bachelor of Computing with Honours in Internet Technology.
- Graduates are qualified to work as software engineers, software developers, analyst programmers, information technology officers, and other entry-level roles in the exciting and growing field of IT.
Entry Requirements and Programme Duration
A recognized Higher Diploma and Associate Degree in any discipline
The programme duration is between 2 to 3 years, depending on the study area of the HD/AD, the qualification, the academic performance, and other relevant factors.
- For example, a HD/AD in computing area should normally receive the maximum credit exemption, reducing the study duration to 2 years.
Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Computing and Interactive Entertainment
A partnership programme with the renowned Creative Arts Division of OUHK, where there are state-of-the-art laboratories and studios, as well as creative arts expertise.
- In the 2-year programme, students will become competent as a software developer with solid training in interactive entertainment and good user experience.
- Graduates are qualified to work as software developers with demand in front-end expertise as well as various roles in the interactive entertainment industry.
A recognized Higher Diploma and Associate Degree of which the curriculum should include training in programming and information technology.
To students who are looking for the programme Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computing (BSCHCFS) (perhaps because of attended an information seminar or received a brochure):
They should instead consider Bachelor of Computing with Honours in Internet Technology (Senior Year Entry) (互聯網科技榮譽電腦學學士-高年班入學)
which has been the normal computing programme for admitting HD/AD holders for the past 10 years.
The Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computing (BSCHCFS) programme is no longer available.